Oklahoma DUI Attorney
10 Things You Should Know About DUI Law
Stockwell Law Offices have seen it all: from professors, lawyers, doctors, police officers, students, athletes, bankers and just the regular guy, charged with alcohol related driving offenses and many other crimes. No matter the situation you're in, remember that you have rights and our law firm can defend those rights. Below are 10 things you should know if you are stopped for a DUI.
- Standardized Field Sobriety Tests are voluntary: you can politely decline to take them.
- If you have failed a breath test, it doesn't mean the end of the world.
- Being accused of a crime and convicted are two very different things.
- Calling an attorney sooner than later can only help your case.
- Stay calm and know that your rights will be protected when you have an attorney working for you.
- A DUI conviction on your record limits employment opportunities: We understand this and can develop a strategy to help you.
- Repeat offenders face larger penalties: calling quickly after getting a DUI allows our firm more time to prepare your best defense.
- If you are a student at the University of Oklahoma, a DUI may result in a "strike" on your academic record and may lose your student aid or scholarships.
- DUIs can result in a revoked driver's license: We will map a strategy to keep you on the road.
- A call to Stockwell Law Offices doesn't cost a penny, and we can give you the answers you're looking for. DON'T wait. Get answers NOW.
Remember, you will have someone on your side when facing these difficult times . Don't feel like you are alone -- we are here to help with any of your criminal law issues. You can call today and get an appointment quickly with one of our attorneys to sit down and discuss your issue face-to-face, or get the answers over the phone.
Even if you don't retain our firm, you will have direction on how to proceed your situation.
Call today at (405) 321-9414.